We collect information to provide better services to all users of SourceZon services (services provided by SourceZon Ltd. on this website). It includes but not limited to publishing your product data, notifying you about your preferred services and products, your location, unit measures, and your favorite searches.
We collect and process information in three ways:
- Information you give us. Some of our services require you to sign up for a SourceZon account. When you sign up you will need to share some personal information with us. This includes your name, email address, personal preferences for language, and other personal information. Information that you give us also includes and not limited to product data and preferences.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about your location, may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, etc.). Also, when you use our services or view content provided by SourceZon, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may be done to improve your experience associated with the use of the website.
When you use SourceZon services, you're trusting us with your information. We take the privacy of your information seriously and consider it as a big responsibility. Therefore, we work hard to protect your information.
When you contact SourceZon, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use your data to build better services
We use the information that we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services, such as processing the key word you search for in order to return results or helping you share content by suggesting recipients from your contacts.
Maintain and improve our services
We also use your information to ensure that our services are working as intended, such as collecting troubleshooting issues. And we use your information to continuously improve our services, e.g. to understanding which keywords are most frequently misspelled helps us improve returning results.
Develop new services
We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones, e.g. understanding which feature is used by users the most helps us to grow in that direction.
Provide personalised services, including content and ads
We use the information we collect to customise our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalised content and customised search results. Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalised ads based on your interests. For example, if you search for 'drilling motor', you may see an ad for MWD equipment.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we'll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, political opinion, trade union membership, sexual orientation or health. We will also not allow our advertising companies to place ads on our website and/or app that conflict the above.
We don't share information that personally identifies you with advertisers, such as your name or email, unless you ask us to. For example, if you see an ad for a nearby motor shop and select the 'tap to call' button, we'll connect your call and may share your phone number with the motor shop.
SourceZon may process information on our servers in several countries – we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Some of our services let you share information with others, such as forum. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SourceZon unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SourceZon when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SourceZon if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- provide Services that you require from SourceZon by signing up for our Services (buyers and sellers contacting each other, etc).
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SourceZon, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect SourceZon and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to SourceZon employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. We might share some of your information as it is reasonably necessary to provide quality Services to you (contact other members of the platform, buyers learn more about sellers, etc).